Information for Employers
Where do I start?
Cycle Aylesbury can provide employers with lots of information about
how we can help you to promote cycling to your employees. Request your
appointment with our Workplace Travel Planning Officer
by contacting us here.
Why should I encourage my employees to cycle?
It will help you to save money, be more green and improve the health and productivity of your workforce:
- Cycling more can improve the health and happiness of your employees which means they are likely to take less days off sick.
- Cycling is a good way to relieve stress built up during the working day.
- Cycling more will help your employees to be more alert and productive at work.
- More employees travelling to work by bicycle means that can reduce the space you use for car parking.
bicycles rather than cars for short journeys during the work day can
significantly reduce your overheads and carbon emissions.
time keeping - cycling is a reliable and quick means of travel; your
employees won't be late because their get stuck in traffic or public
transport is running late.
How can I encourage my employees to cycle?
There are lots of things that you can do to make it easier for your employees to cycle. These include:
- Provide secure, covered cycle parking
- Provide lockers
- Provide showers
- Provide pool cars so people can cycle to work, but still access cars if they need to use them for work during the day.
- Provide pool bikes for use during the work day
- Provide employees with information about cycling, such as details of routes around workplaces.
- Provide incentives for staff who cycle for work
- Help staff to buy bikes by participating in a tax-free cycle purchase scheme
- Make car use less convenient by for example introducing car parking charges, not providing company cars
Sign up to the Department for Transport's cycle to work guarantee to demonstrate your commitment to making it easier for your employees to cycle to and from work.
What can Cycle Aylesbury do for me?
Cycle Aylesbury can offer you lots of help to help your employees to cycle including:
- Grants for improvements to cycle parking and other facilities for cyclists
- Maps and information about cycle routes to your workplaces
- Cycle training for your employees
- Advice on introducing pool bike and pool car schemes
- Advice on cycle purchase schemes
- Dr Bike maintenance sessions at your workplace
- Promotional material for your employees explaining the benefits of cycling
- Surveys of your workforce to identify what they need to help them cycle more
- ...plus lots more!
How do I get involved in the Cycle Aylesbury campaign?
Register your interest in the Cycle Aylesbury project by contacting our Workplace Cycle Promotions Officer by email to discuss your business requirements.